Thursday, November 09, 2006

She don't lie

I had another satisfactory dream about beating and then murdering that Padraig Harrington last night. It was a little like this one, only better. It's becoming a bit of a recurring one at this stage; I wonder if I should see psychologist about it or whether, in fact, I should simply go and kill Mr. Boring Harrington myself. For real. In real life. I feel sure that a lot of people would thank me if I did.

Anyway, I'm just a little surprised, worried, shocked, etc. about the level of cocaine availability and usage in this part of the world - a part of the world that was previously completely untouched by the white clouds of confidence-enhancing stuff. I'm talking about West Cork, and specifically about the Glengarriff-Bantry area. I'm past the 18-35 age group now (I weep as the pen bypasses this age bracket and ticks the box for the 36-50 or the 36-dead or whatever it is) but I know a girl of about 25 who says that she knows people of her age group who wouldn't go out of a Friday night to the pub or to "Cargo" (apparently the latest night club in Bantry) without snotting themselves up with some of the "white girl", or whatever the approved slang expression is. Now, called me old-fashioned, naive or just some sort of fuckin eejit, but upon hearing this, my reaction was along the lines of "What the fuck...!?...?.....??", if you see what I mean. I couldn't have been more shocked if I went to the Council offices and walked in on Frank O'Donovan with his pants down around his ankles and his micky stuck in a male badger. In Bantry, there's a whole station full of Gardai. Do they care about this ? Are they concerned about it in any way? I doubt it very much. They allow one of the area's main suppliers to deal away with impunity. He's an English guy in his 50's in Glengarriff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home