Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ireland my Arse

You know, while all of us here are getting very excited watching what must surely already rank as one of the best fifa World Cup's in living memory (mine goes back to the 1978 tournament, by the way), we do have our national team playing a tour of Australia and New Zealand. In this case, the sport is rugby, of course. But you would hardly know that it was going on, because not only does it coincide with the much more exciting World Cup (and you'd really have to feel sorry for the lads on the team not being able to sit down in the evening with a beer in the hand watching the soccer), but it is also completely absent from the tv - from my tv anyway. I noticed that it's on Sky Sports all right. I mean, what is this shit? How can a private foreign-owned satellite tv company be showing my national team playing for my country? That they even have the right to do it without my express permission is bad enough.

Dump your Sky box - use it as a bin, if it's possible. Just switch off from these people ; they're evil and if you sign up, then you're just an ignorant monkey; you're their bitch who's keeping them in pocket and creating ridiculous fortunes and oversized egos for the sports stars that this system corrupts.

That's all for now. I'm not happy with the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Roz Lynch said...

Crikey you are munster mad...for someone who is in the Arts and has such good taste in films...I thought you would write more about other things besides sport...I will check back...as you have only posted a few times...you probably will at some point write about something else

2/7/06 01:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home